Southern Maryland Kitchen - Southern Md Kitchen & Bath Effed up my bathrooms
So. Md Kitchen and Bath, located in California, MD, messed up my bathrooms in my house. The first job was to remodel the hall bath. They demo'd it, and that's when the fun began. The workman who was replacing the tub & shower diverter seemed lost, didn't know how to do it.
After a few phone calls, he was able to put it in. If I had wanted a Harry home owner to install my fixtures, I would have only paid for him. As it was, I paid master plumber prices ($750 for faucet install)for this guy who was definitely NOT a plumber. He also had to make 4 trips just to install a lav faucet and reset a toilet (Both of which are loose). But thats not the worst of it.
Also in the job, they were to regrout the master bath tile. They turned a helper loose in my MB with a grinder of some sort to grind out the grout lines. He had only been working for one month. Never had done this before. In the process, I now have over 160 ceramic tiles damaged in the MB, and will need to replace all of them in the room.
Contractors solution for hall bath: The toilet isn't leaking, and the lav faucet works, so that's ok. (No it's not. the angle stops are leaking all over the cabinet, and the toilet is not connected, except by the wax ring to the plumbing drain!).
Master bath solution: We will credit you for the grout job ($700) to put toward replacing the floor and bath tiles ($5,000+).
I hope this review will help others to see how bad the work is that they perform, and warn them away. How do I know about the plumbing? I'm a retired master plumber.
How I left it with them was that i was not going to pay them there third draw ($2032.00). If they want it, they will have to sue me for it.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Remodeling Of Bathrooms
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "Purchased this chair and after having it only one year, the arms started peeling. The material is separating from the backing. It seems as if the material is rotten or..."
- "So I've purchased 2 items on Mercari. One was a Victoria's Secret tote bag and the other a Victoria's Secret hooded sweatshirt. The hoodie was described as "new with tag"...."
- "I ordered a dresser in the beginning of December. I picked the middle of the line pricing. So it shipped out December 16th. So by January 19th I decided to..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."